Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Bud Begins


Howdy,
Nature is my passion and my desire to learn never ceases. 
My name is Ashley Brinegar. I am a senior Horticulture major at Texas A&M University. This summer I have the wonderful opportunity of serving as a Horticulture Intern at Moore Farms Botanical Garden in Lake City, South Carolina. I will be sharing everything I learn and the adventures I have here in this blog! 

How Did I Get Here?
I found Moore Farms Botanical Garden's internship opportunity on the Aggies for Hire website. I went through their application and interview process over the span of a couple months and was offered the intern spot in mid-March. I begin in a couple short days, May 15th, and continue interning for the duration of the summer, finishing on August 15th. 

My Hopes
I am beyond thrilled for this summer. I could not dream of better location or a more perfect internship for me. Coming from Texas, I am grateful for any type of green vegetation in the summers, and a botanical garden is where I would choose to be at any given time. Like I said, perfect and especially so here lately as I have become more and more interested in public horticulture and am very excited to experience it first hand. Also, through this internship, I will finally get to put the knowledge I've gained over my years at A&M into practice, something I have been looking forward to since my freshman year. I am even more so anticipating the knowledge I will gain in these next few months, as it will probably exceed any expectation I could imagine.

My Today & Stay Tuned
I drove from Waco, Texas to Birmingham, Alabama today and will finish the journey, arriving in at the Gardens in Lake City, South Carolina early tomorrow evening. I cannot wait to see what this summer has in store and to share that growth with you along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment